Casinos news

Planet Hollywood Casino to Debut in September 2007

On April 17, 2007, a lot of Hollywood stars and famous athletes turned out for the announcement that the former Aladdin Hotel and Casino would be remodeled and renamed into the Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino. The gambling casino will hold its grand opening from September 28-29, 2007.

Bruce Willis, who was joined at the event by actress Carmen Electra and famous athletes Roger Clemens, Pete Sampras and Sugar Ray Leonard in announcing the plans for the resort said that day they would be holding the biggest celebration that Hollywood has ever seen. A $1 Billion remodeling plan of the former Aladdin Hotel has been on the drawing board since the private partnership company, OpBiz, bought the bankrupt company back in 2004 for about $500 million.

The Planet Hollywood Property will feature 2,600 movie themed rooms, along with a 50 story tower with 1,200 time share residences which will be open to the public by the end of 2009. The co-chairman of OpBiz Robert Earl, who has founded the Planet Hollywood International Inc. chain of restaurants, also opened several pubs and restaurants, like the New York Steak House Strip House to different Los Angeles celebrity establishment and a pan-Asian restaurant, Koi.

A rhythmical show produced by the same producers of the "Stomp" show called "Stomp Out Loud" has also debuted on the property new theater worth $28 million. The theatre also features magician, Hans Klok and Carmen Electra as his assistant for about 3 months. "Extra" a TV news magazine will open an interview lounge for celebrities and keep the customers up to date with different happenings in the entertainment industry.

Panasonic will sponsor the 5,000 plasma television sets that will be put in public places and guest areas. Just last month, the Boulevard Invest LLC announced that the shops in the attached Desert Passage Shopping Establishment on the property would begin operating as the Miracle Mile Shops by May 2007.

The OpBiz is a private equity partnership which includes Earl, a private equity investor Bay Harbor and the Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc. Both the Earl and Bay Harbor have a joint partnership with about 85% share, while the Starwoods Company holds the remaining 15%.


06/24/2007 22:04 PM
Ann Pettersson